Thursday, April 1, 2010

Six months, 50%.

I'm typically not a numbers person. Never liked balancing my checkbook, always worked hard to pass my math classes. (And now I'm a writer, go figure.) But I recently came across a few numbers in one of my fitness magazines that I found to be very inspiring.

Oxygen quoted the Mayo Clinic, who stated that it's entirely possible to increase your strength by 50% in just six months with a consistent weight-training program.

To some, six months might seem like a long time to wait for such impressive changes, but what you have to remember is that you're filling those six months with activities that promote positive changes. Make the commitment to a weight-training program, include some cardio, and you'll be hard-pressed not to feel your body changing for the better. Not only will you be on the road to a stronger set of muscles, but you'll more than likely see some weight loss or maintenance (depending on your goals).

So, to all of my faithful readers, I say stick with it when the going gets tough. And if you haven't started a consistent weight-training program—get your fit on! Fit is FUN. I promise! (Just make sure you get your doctor to sign off on your ability to begin. Better to be safe than sorry if there's any question whatsoever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...