Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Workout Wednesday: 5-Minute Strength Workout

Oh, hey there. It's Wednesday (but you already know that) because the day is essentially over). My workouts are off again, and I've had to adjust. We took the kids to the zoo on Monday so it became a rest day—I was on my feet all day, and didn't much feel like running when I got home. Hey, rest days happen. I deal and move on.

And so yesterday, I woke up early and headed to the gym. Actually, I woke up early, fed the kid who also woke up early, then headed to the gym. I love early morning workouts, but they're few and far in between these days. It all depends on Evan. And lately, he's been waking up at the turning point between having enough time to sneak out and no longer having enough time. Because if I wait too long, if I can't get out by 6:00AM at the latest, it conflicts with my husband's ability to get out of the door on time.

Anyway.
I made it out yesterday and did a quick 3-miler at the gym.

Bathroom #selfie.
Man, I was sweaty.

Here's a tip:

Use the tallest plyo box you can find to stretch your hips out.
It's like a vertical pigeon pose, and it feels so good.

I digress.
Today was another running day.
I did 3.5 miles with my girl:

I also worked on my PiYo Live choreography. I debut my class at the gym in three weeks so I've got to get this choreography down pat. I'm not used to teaching by count or choreography, so this is all new. More on that later.

Today, I have a 5-minute strength routine for you because, well, it's Workout Wednesday.

Workouts like this are great for cardio heavy days. Maybe you need a little bit more burn after a short run, or maybe you skipped your strength day yesterday. Or, maybe you don't have time for cardio AND strength—we can all find five minutes, though. Right? And since this doesn't require any equipment, you should be good to go. Just set an interval timer and have at it.

Here's what the rest of my week looks like:

Thursday: Strength
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 5 Miles
Sunday: PiYo Live

There are two other instructors that got certified with me, and we've been meeting to practice. Seriously, though. Practicing PiYo Live feels exactly like working out.

Question: If you're a group fitness instructor that teaches choreographed and/or count-based classes, what tips can you offer me in terms of learning what needs to be taught? I'm currently channeling all the techniques I used when I was a cheerleader, ha! Bring on the 8-count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...