Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pinspiration Thursday (#pinspirationthursday)

I know you're probably sick of hearing me talk about my ACE test...I am sick of hearing me talk about it! But it directly relates to today's bit of pinspiration, so I'll admit to you that I failed my first practice test. I missed the mark by four questions. What's nice is that ACE walks you through where you went wrong so you can determine the areas in which you need to refresh what you know. When I revisited the missed questions, I had a few palm-to-forehead moments. Let's just say that A) these results reminded me that I'm not good at standardized, multiple-choice tests, so B) I need to slow down and read the entire question before selecting an answer.

That was last Tuesday.

I spent the entirety of the past week freaking out a bit while going over the elements that I needed to refresh. I stressed a lot about test day, wondering if I'd get the same results on the real thing.  That would just be awful (because I'm already a certified personal trainer and I should be able to pass this test, otherwise, WTF).

Anyway.
I retook the practice test on Tuesday and this time:

I passed. I still missed a few, but I passed.

Lesson learned, lesson that needs to be remembered:

Pin / Source
Whatever happens today, whether it be on a test or at the gym, tomorrow is always new. Tomorrow is always a day without mistakes. So who cares if I failed the practice test. It made me smarter. I need to trust in that, right? Because all we can really do is learn from our mistakes and move on.

And even if I fail the real test, I can retake it (and retake it) until I pass.

Because that's just how much I believe in my determination.
(And it's how much YOU should believe in YOUR determination, too.)

Question: What mistakes have you learned from lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...