Saturday night, friends. Here we are! Have you been enjoying the weekend? I started mine off with a nice 6-mile run, as I do most weekends, and I am pretty pleased with the time (and the new shoes):
winning medals, but it IS about beating me, myself and I. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Regardless, it's fun to try.
Also noteworthy, I'm headed to Florida tomorrow for a huge fitness convention. My gym is a member of the International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association, and the annual convention and trade show starts Monday. From what I've been told, it's huge. It targets the fitness industry from the business side, rather than the fitness professional side, if that makes sense. Here are some of the sessions that I'll be attending:
• Social Media Makeover: Tips & Strategies for Success
• Strength to Sell: Proven Strategies to Sell Personal Training
• Grow Your Business with Small Group Training
• Becoming Results Focused: A New Approach to Group Fitness
I'm also looking forward to early morning workouts and Randi Zuckerberg's keynote. And I can't wait to connect with some of our vendors on the trade show floor. As the Fitness Director, I'm given a yearly budget to buy new equipment, and my wish list is filled with possibility.
Needless to say, I've been packing.
much like I did for the IDEA fitness convention, and I think I'm ready to go. So here's to a safe, fun-filled trip. And some link love for you. If you're reading this on Sunday, I might be rushing around the airport. Hopefully, unlike me, you are relaxing on this very last day before the new week begins. Enjoy:
Every Body Happy" commercial so much. Great job, Blink Fitness, whoever you are.
2) Apparently, extreme yoga is a thing...or at least looks like a thing because some people are so damn flexible that they can get into crazy awesome poses (that I will never, ever be able to get into).
3) Calling all boss ladies! You need to follow these Instagram accounts.
4) Make marriage your new child. Read: When Marriage Feels Heavy
5) Girl power! I love Michelle Obama and the theme song for her new campaign, #62MillionGirls, which focuses on helping girls who don't get the opportunity to go to school. Listen to it, ladies.
6) Self-lacing shoes? Oh, Nike. How futuristic of you. #kindawant
7) I am a runner, and I laughed. Read: 8 Snarky Race Signs Guaranteed to Make Runners Laugh
8) I love pineapples, so I basically want all 28 of these products for people who are super excited about pineapples. I mean, don't you?
9) Hey, you stop that. Read: 25 Things to Stop Doing To Yourself Right NOW
10) Baked Vanilla Coffee Donuts. Get in my mouth.
Question: If you could leave on a jet plane and go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why? (Random, I know, but since I'm flying out this weekend, let's have fun with the QOTD.)