Saturday, March 5, 2016

Let's have coffee.

Saturday mornings are for long runs and coffee. One giant cup of caramel-infused latte love. Let's pretend we can run together, then enjoy our coffee together, because if we're being totally honest—there is nothing better than a running friend who wants to chill over a hot cup of jo. Amiright?

But since we can't really do that, you and me, let's just pretend. We'll do it virtually, and since I'm sure you'd ask what I've been up to, I'll go ahead and tell you (because it's been so long since we've last talked):

1) I'm studying for my ACE group fitness exam.
I've been teaching group fitness for a few years now under the authority of my ACE personal training certification, but in January, I decided to make it official. So I've been working through the ACE group fitness books, a lot of which (thankfully) is a review of my CPT studies. The hardest part about it? Finding the time to study. So hard.

2) I'm going to a fitness convention and trade show in a few weeks.
The club I work for is a member of the International Health, Racquet and Sports Club Association, which puts on a massive convention and trade show every year. This the will be the first year I get to attend, so I've been actively preparing for that. I went to IDEA last year as a personal trainer and blogger. I'll be attending IHRSA as a fitness director. Different perspective, different set of goals. It should be fun.

3) I'm still running...somewhat aimlessly. 
I decided not to run the 25K in Grand Rapids. It just didn't feel right. And when something doesn't feel right, it makes sense to let go. So now I'm trying to figure out what my next move is. Possibly the Soldier Field 10-Miler in Chicago? My mom and sister are running it, and I always enjoy running with them. Ten miles seems within reason. Something to train for, but not something that will push me too far above and beyond what I'm currently doing. My long run right now is six miles, and those miles are very comfortable.

4) I'm doing what I can to operate with a "it is what it is" mentality. 
I love my kids, and I've been trying really hard to let go of things that don't matter, because I'm waisting time on them instead of spending more time with my kids. Like, who cares if the laundry is piled up? So what if there are toys everywhere or dishes in the sink. These things can wait. My house is what it is, and I'm trying so hard to accept that and do what I can.

5) I'm losing time to blog.
If you've been following me for awhile now, you've probably noticed how sporadic I've been about posting to Daily Dose. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going anywhere. I love the art of blogging. But I don't have time to force it, and I don't really want to force any post. You deserve better. I'm increasingly more content with my "what you can, when you can" blogging mentality. It works, and it  keeps the heart of Daily Dose alive and untainted by any pressure to conform.

That said, it's time for me to head out from this coffee date.
Big family birthday party today, and family is everything.

Question: What's your house like right now? Are there things you're neglecting for good reason? If you had all the time to perfect one space in your house, what space would it be and what would you do? Clean the bathrooms? Organize the basement? Tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...