Saturday, October 3, 2015

Let's have coffee. #ultimatecoffeedate

The weekend is here, and boy...do I need it. Every few weeks, I have to be the manager on duty at the gym where I work, so I've been pulling extra evening hours, and will go in again tomorrow. Both situations are not part of my normal weekly routine, and generally suck the life out of me. I'm not complaining because I love my job

I'm so excited that today is Saturday. The weekend is here, friends, and I sure do need it. This is my week to be the manager on duty at the gym, which means I've had to pull extra hours in the evening and will go in again tomorrow (for six hours). I don't normally work in the evenings or on the weekends, so weeks like this are always a strugglefest. I'm not complaining, trust me when I say that I realize my job/life balance is pretty cushy. But, today is Saturday and I have nothing major on my plate.

I intend to relax. 

coffee, coffee break, iced coffee
If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that I'm sick. Again. Can we just talk about this? I work in a germ bed, and have two kids (one of which is in school). So getting sick is, like...totally the new norm for me. What ails me: I can't stop coughing and I'm certain there's a virus floating through my body because I have a rash. No pictures, I promise. I won't even paint a mental picture for you. It's something I've always dealt with, even when I was little. Get virus. Get hives. Repeat and repeat. Ugh. I popped a Benadryl, which is helping me combat my overpowering need to scratch from head to toe. I'm also rolling around in the Immunity and Decongest blends I purchased from 21 Drops. I just got them, and I think they arrived after the present combo of germs decided to inhabit my body. So I'm not writing them off as ineffective just yet. 

If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that I really want to wake up feeling better because my running club is doing a 5K through the dunes tomorrow morning. It will be our way of participating in the HeartMiRun, which is a virtual race that supports Michigan's beautiful state parks. The swag is pretty sweet, (but tomorrow's scenery will be even better):

virtual racing, runchat, run Michigan, Pure Michigan, race swag
If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that I've got two books on my plate right now. Lindsey Banks sent me her new book, The Food Dare, which is a 30-day adventure that prompts you with healthy new eating habits. Of course, I'll write a review I'm ready, but so far, I can say that I'm  enjoying reconnecting with some pretty simple aspects of healthy eating. And soon, I'll be reconnecting with all the clutter in my basement because:

books, self-help, inspiration, cleaning, organizing, reading, basement, best-seller
I bought the book that everyone is raving about. I'm late to this game, but I'm hoping The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up will inspire me to finally tackle all the clutter that's in my basement. Word on the street is that this book makes you want to purge, and I seriously need to purge because I'm notoriously bad about keeping things that don't need to be kept. 

If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that my daughter came home yesterday with her very first school pictures. I can't even. 

Question: If we were having coffee, what would you tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...