Guess what? It's National Waffle Day. Are you hungry? I am. And I'm going to nosh on some zucchini bread waffles because YUM. I love zucchini, it's literally one of my favorites. I have an entire cookbook devoted to recipes with zucchini.
Trust me, it's worth the wait.
I had some zucchini left over that I ended up sautéing, which added some extra flavor to the whole concoction. And you can't go wrong with bananas and syrup, either.
I'm always dreaming of breakfast.
Your favorite meal, too? We can be friends, then.
Go ahead, find a zucchini bread recipe you know and love and give this technique a try. Or, check out these ten delicious waffle recipes from some of my fellow blog friends:
Oatmeal Waffles with Cinnamon Maple Greek Yogurt (This Runner's Recipes)
2) Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Waffles (Food Pleasure and Health)
3) Breakfast Wafflewich (The Fit Foodie Mama)
4) Mini Waffle Crostini with Gorgonzola, Cranberries, Pecans and Honey (Run Wiki)
5) Secret Ingredient Carrot Cake Waffles (Strength and Sunshine)
6) Whole Wheat Applesauce Waffles (Slim Sanity)
7) Pumpkin Spice Waffles (The Live Fit Girls)
8) Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Waffles (Ari's Menu)
9) Breakfast Waffle Sundaes (Uproot From Oregon)
10) Green Chile Cornbread Waffles (The Fit Fork)
Question: Waffles or pancakes and why? Favorite topping?