Today is the day. I'm running the Michigan Wine Trail Half Marathon today. By the time you read this, I might even be done! A race recap will certainly be written, but for now, here are a few links to keep you entertained:
exercise can be a source of immediate rewards.
2) I do my best to make healthy snacks and meals for my family. Everyone's definition of "healthy meal" is different, and it's really easy to get caught up in all the so-called rules. But this list of 32 tips for healthier cooking is good. And quite applicable in a way that doesn't require much thinking (or spending).
3) Are you stressed? Do you find yourself stressing about certain things? Like, the same things everyone else is stressing about? Turns out, there are 8 common worries that aren't worth stressing about. So stop!
4) If there's one thing I think about every day, it's whether or not I'm being the best parent I can be. There are certain things I do that I'm sure the "perfect" parent wouldn't. But, seriously...perfect parents don't exist. So I keep telling myself this: These things won't mess up your kids, Tara.
5) When graphic tees sum up how we feel about working out. Want: #6, #8, and #19.
6) I'm on a huge salad kick right now. Like, every day for lunch. But I'm super-inspired to try these healthy lunches that aren't salads because yum.
7) I'm trying to be a smart runner. It's no longer about piling on the miles. I'm trying to educate myself. To build in a way that makes me more efficient. To run with purpose (and tons of heart). So I'll be pocketing these 25 golden rules of running (and hopefully absorbing and/or adding them to my routine).
8) I was born and raised in Indiana, but I've lived in Michigan for about ten years now (which is crazy). You'll never turn me into a Michigan football fan, but you can call me a Michigan foodie. I love eating (and drinking local), and it would be fun to check out these 50 reasons why Michigan is a foodie paradise.
9) As a fitness director and group fitness instructor, I am constantly thinking about the classes we offer our members. Are we giving them what they want? Are making them feel welcome? Thanks to this article from ACE, I've just been reminded about making group exercise accessible to everyone.
10) I'm such a geek when it comes to writing. So for all my blogger friends out there, here's list of writing tools to attract readers.
Question: Have you read any interesting articles lately? What did you learn?