Monday, June 8, 2015

I'm obsessed with grapefruit (again).

Once again, I find myself totally obsessed with grapefruit. Ruby Red for the win, always. They're tangy but oddly sweet with tons of juice that quenches my thirst. I'm drooling, seriously just drooling at the very thought of it. I bought a huge bag at the grocery store last week and since I'm in the only one in the house that eats grapefruit, well...the bag is still going strong. Common occurrence at lunch:

Here's the thing, though. I'm not very adventurous with my grapefruit. I really, truly like it plain. No sugar, no honey. Just plain. Although I have had it broiled with brown sugar and it's quite fantastic.

FYI: Looks can be deceiving.
But, well...broiling grapefruit takes time.

I've pinned a number of potentially delicious grapefruit recipes:

1) Shrimp Salad with Grapefruit and Avocado
2) Grapefruit Poppyseed Cake
3) Pink Grapefruit Breakfast Smoothie
4) Champagne Grapefruit Pineapple Mojito
5) Grapefruit Vinaigrette

Seriously, I could get lost in all the grapefruit options on Pinterest. Do you follow me on Pinterest? You should, mostly so I can follow you back and pin all the awesomeness that you pin, too.

Here's to hoping I can turn some of the above into Pinterest Success Stories...

But first, I must remind you that grapefruit juices can interact negatively with medication. I looked up the science and my head started to spin. Long story short, grapefruit juice can delay the effects of your meds. Longer story short: If you're taking medicine and find yourself in dire need of grapefruit, check in with your physician first to see if there's anything you need to worry about. Best to be safe, right?

Question: What is your fruit of choice right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...