Mondays kind of stress me out a little bit—said everyone everywhere. Seriously, though. It's one of my most stressful days of the week because I have a lot to get done over the course of the afternoon.
1) I have to make a Spinning class playlist.
2) I have to put together a grocery list.
3) I have to do everything else, too.
Yeah, I know. It's Tuesday...stick with me. And compared to your Monday list, mine might seem like nothing. But in my world, it's enough to put me into a stressed out state. It takes me FOREVER to gather music for my Spinning class. I'm super picky, and I like to go through the library on our computer, which is down in the basement. I don't keep much music on my laptop because, well...it's already on the iMac.
This means I can only do it when the kids are asleep. Their naps overlap, but usually not for long. So I gotta work quickly when I get the chance.
Why you should pick a Maddog/Spinning certification:
1) You can't get certified without doing an on-site course, during which you'll gain hands-on experience that will really, truly teach you everything you need to know.
2) Your first year in SPIN is free, and you'll get so much out of it. Like, four rides every month for one year. Sure, you should ultimately build your own, but having this bank of options is awesome.
3) Flat out, it's a highly recognized certification and really, probably the leader in the cycling industry. You'll learn so much, and everyone will recognize your certification.
4) You get discounts on Spinning gear (like heart rate monitors and shoes).
5) The company itself is really great to work with. If you have multiple certifications, they do their best to cross credits. And a lot of organizations take Spinning credits, too.
Regardless, you have to pick a certification that's right for you, and in the end, it's all about what you can do with it.
List two: Groceries.
I tried for so long to keep up the weekend grocery shopping/meal prepping thing, but ultimately tired of it. We decided to make Monday nights our grocery nights because a) we don't waste our weekends on it, and b) the store is significantly less crowded on Monday nights. I went last night at 8:00PM and got home at 9:30PM. I went alone, that's why it took me forever. I shop at Meijer, which is a big box like Wal-Mart and, well...there's a lot to distract a mom that's on her own. And I love grocery shopping.
It was worth it, though. Because today I noshed on a pretty delish lunch:
Note: The following portion of this post contains affiliate links.
Speaking of lists, add this INSPIRE necklace to your "things I want for Mother's Day" or "things I need to buy for my Mother" or maybe even your "things I absolutely need for myself" list:
Momentum Jewelry rocks, and this necklace makes for a nice addition to their extensive collection of wrap bracelets and foot notes. As an ambassador, I was sent one free of charge with the slogan of my choice....
Check them out, for real. It's good stuff.
And yes, I like circle necklaces.
PS: If you click through my affiliate link, you'll save 10% on anything that Momentum sells. Score!
Question: If you are a cycling instructor, what certification do you have and why did you choose it? How do you keep your music fresh from class to class? Do you have a go-to resource for good rides?