Hi! It's half marathon day for me, and I might already be running as you read this. Or maybe I crossed the finish line. Either way, I look forward to sharing my race recap tomorrow. Until then, here's a glimpse at my current half marathon times.
Did I fall short?
Cast your bets now and tune in tomorrow.
In the meantime, here's some good reads from around the Internet.
the importance of keeping a notebook makes me want to take my own notebooks a step beyond class plans and grocery lists.
2) There's so much positivity associated with running. We love our sport, and we do it with heart. But as any runner knows, it's the non-runners that tend to bring out the worst in us. Read: 13 Ways to Really Piss Off a Runner. (Funny GIFs included.)
3) Who is going to BlogFest this year? I can't wait to meet these 10 people.
4) Sometimes I feel like I have allergies. Never have they ever given me any problems, but ever since I birthed my babies, I just feel like I have them. So I'm pocketing these six yoga poses and techniques to help seasonal allergies.
5) Speaking of yoga, I see this recovery yoga class for runners happening in my future.
6) I love peanut butter cups. Especially when they're cold. But let's be honest, they're SO not good for me—which is why I'm super excited about this recipe for chocolate whey protein bars (although I might swap out the almond butter for peanut butter).
7) What kind of runner are you? Pick from these hilarious GIFs.
8) If you're like my husband, the desktop on your computer is plain. Nothing distracting, probably a form of grey. (Unless a new Batman movie is on the horizon, then you have a graphic pertaining to the movie.) Me, I like color. Lots of pretty color, which is why I'm digging this free desktop background from DesignerBlogs. (Note: It's also quite inspirational.)
9) OK, ladies. If you're not lifting weights, you're missing out. Check out this infographic to understand why weightlifting is important.
10) I'm so behind when it comes to reading. I have a gigantic stack of magazines to get through, as well as a fresh copy of The Girl on the Train that's calling my name. Still, I'm going to save this list of books by bloggers because it's always fun to read some non-fiction (especially when it's written by my blogging peers). Maybe someday I'll write a book, too...
Question: What does the desktop on your computer look like? Do you have a go-to resource for awesome desktop images?