Friday, April 4, 2014

Tomato Basil Watermelon Bites

My dear friend Bethany, if you're reading this, your wedding was beautiful...and I want one more serving of all that food. Especially the cornbread. For real. Kudos to you for picking an uh-mayzing caterer. And to the rest of you who don't know my friend and didn't attend her wedding this past weekend (the main reason for our trip down to Florida), well...I can't even begin to list everything I ate, but I will share with you this: Tomatoes and watermelon in one juicy, balsamic-covered bite. And a picture of me and the husband, all dressed up and fancy:

Back to the bites of glory. At first, I was hesitant. We all were, honestly. But then I ate one of the little appetizers. Yes, it was good. So freakin' good. And simple, too. So obviously I'd be making them at home, which I did just today for my afternoon snack. The ingredients:

Cherry tomatoes, watermelon, basil and balsamic vinegar. That's it.

Now, technically speaking you need to layer it all up on toothpicks with a final drizzle of balsamic to complete the combo, but I didn't have any toothpicks nor was I throwing a party. So I rocked it with a little wooden skewer.

And instead of drizzling the balsamic over everything, I just dipped and bit.

Healthy snack, all the way.

Speaking of healthy snacks, I've been noshing on my latest NatureBox, too. It came while we were gone...is there anything better than coming home from vacation to a pile of mail? Even if it is just bills? Oh, the excitement of finding just one piece that's cool.

Anyway. Here's what I got this month:

Yummy.

Oh, and one last thing: Catch me over on Carly's blog, Fine Fit Day. I'm featured today in her "Fit Mama Friday" post! Hooray!

Question: Is there an odd food combo that you really, truly love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...