Yesterday, I had a surplus of sun-dried tomatoes left over from dinner's recipe. I also had a half-empty jar of basil pesto in my 'fridge. What's a girl to do with these ingredients? Make hummus, of course! Let's be clear about one thing: Food stylist, I am not.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO BASIL PESTO HUMMUS
• 1 can chickpeas/Garbanzo beans
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
• 2 tbsp. basil pesto
• 2 cloves garlic
• Salt/pepper to taste
1) Rinse and drain the Garbanzo beans. Remove the outer shell if you wish...this could produce a smoother hummus but is not necessary.
2) Throw everything into your food processor except for the salt and pepper. Process until combined.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste, blending as needed to combine.
Question: What's your favorite thing to dip into hummus?