Saturday, August 17, 2013

#IndyWomensHalf Marathon Training Update, Week 6 (and other things)

My kiddo is far too young for school, but that doesn't mean we aren't feeling the effects of a summer that's winding down. The mornings are already getting darker and the temperatures are falling just a touch. Will we have a warm September? That's always the question at this time of year. Fingers crossed it'll happen. I don't quite feel like I've soaked up enough sun, sand and sandals. Then again, can one ever really do that?

Answer: No.

We had a week over here. Work is busy, Hannah is busy...we're just busy. I'm sure you know how that feels. To add to it, we've started this project. And by "we," I definitely do not mean me:

Our backyard is perfect. It butts up to property that will never be developed. It's quiet and fenced in so Hannah can run free. But our deck stopped us from really enjoying it. The bees built homes in our benches and the wood itself was splintery and gross. So we're getting rid of it. We're rebuilding it from the ground up. I'm looking forward to new patio furniture. Translation: Deck parties, sunbathing, reading magazines to the sounds of chirping birds. <— Super cheesy, so what. It's the truth.

Speaking of truth: I have been feeding myself some serious deliciousness as of late. Did you catch the following salad shot I posted on Instagram?

I'm obsessed. I recently turned to canned salmon, whether or not that's a good thing. It works for me because I'm the only one that likes salmon in this house. (Hannah is still unsure of it, and Jason prefers manly meat like steaks and brats.) Straight out of the can, the stuff is primed for the top of my salad (see above).

Speaking of being "primed," I'm feeling good about the Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon. It's in two weeks, and I just ran 12 miles. Good scenery...

...and decent songs got me through it. Is anyone else totally jamming out to Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" right now? I love that song, and I don't love much on the radio these days.

Post-run happy face:

And here's the breakdown of my run, which is the real reason why I'm smiling above:


I'm so close to hitting my goal of a sub 2-hour half marathon. Total time for today's run was 1:55:56. All I can hope for at this point is some good energy on race day—honestly, I think I can do it. Today's path took me on a few different hills, and I believe the course for the race is relatively flat. So maybe that'll work to my advantage. Fingers crossed.

After my run, I got the obligatory Starbucks drink. Had a bowl of oatmeal. Decided I was still hungry. And then munched on a GoMacro protein bar.

You guys. GoMacro bars are delicious (and Saturdays are for comfy sundresses and no-fuss hair and makeup). I'll tell you more on Monday (because I'm hosting a giveaway). For now, I'm off to study my ACE books. Yep, still studying.

Question: Did you break a sweat today? How?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Just curious, what is your favourite Starbucks drink? :)

adailydoseoffit said...

Gosh, lately it's been an iced coffee with skim milk and a shot of vanilla. In the fall, it's definitely a pumpkin spice latte. And in the winter, it's a peppermint mocha. All treats, for sure. Ha! What's yours?

Erin said...

Lately an iced mocha with half the sweetness... No whipped cream.... And the Creme brûlée latte if I'm really being bad in the winter! Or the Pumpkin Spice Latte!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...