So, wide-leg squats with elevated heels. Here's how:
1) Grab a free weight, something heavier. (I used a 15-pounder.)
2) Stand with your legs wide, toes pointed out according to comfort.
3) Let the weight hang between your legs. Rise up onto your toes.
4) Stay here—yes, on your toes—as you lower into that wide leg squat.
5) Straighten without letting the heels drop. Squat and repeat. (We did 15 repetitions.)
Not only will you feel it in your quads, glutes and calf muscles—but you'll feel your core engaging as well. You are, after all, on your toes which means your balance is being challenged.
The only thing missing was a squat hold. If you take my class and you're reading this—get ready for a set of 15 wide-leg squats with elevated heels...with a 5-second squat hold every five repetitions. I know, I'm so mean. Your legs will thank me someday.
We also did tick-tock lunges this morning, and those suckers always burn.
You know what else burns? My love for my husband....bahahaha! How cheesy is that? I couldn't resist, I really couldn't. It provided the segue I needed for this:
And I'd make this soup:
Speaking of "week." It's totally "clean the house" week, so I best be getting started started. It's a workout in and of itself. At least it is for me these days, Miss Third Trimester.
Question: What's your favorite leg exercise? I mean, what really gets them to burn?