Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's baby shower day!

The sun is out and the wind is fierce, a true fall day indeed—and the perfect backdrop to the lovely shower my mother is hosting for me. The house is abuzz with baby right now, down to the letter blocks and mums scattered about:

I won't even begin to show you the food being made, as I'm already drooling. It's a very good thing I started my morning off with a 35 minute walk on the treadmill. My buddy kept checking in on me:



Kedzie was so concerned! I think it had less to do with Baby on board, and more to do with the fact that her "pack" (my mom, my sister and myself) was all over the house and not in one room. How very motherly of her. Regardless, it was a good walk for this mother (even though this mother's bladder ended it about five minutes before she wanted it to). (TMI?) Lunch thereafter was a great toasted veggie sandwich with a glass of new POM Lite:


It's got about half the calories as the original POM juice, and no...they didn't add some goofy sweeteners to make it possible. Try one if you like pomegranate juice. It's the right amount of sweetness for a savory lunch such as the one you see above. Speaking of sweetness, there are cakes all over the house right now. Little, tiny cupcakes that I want to put right into my mouth right...this...second:

Life is good whenever cupcakes are involved.

Check out this other cake that my good friend Kate made me:

It's a diaper cake! And how unbelievably cute is it? She gave it to me yesterday. I couldn't resist bringing it to the festivities. Turns out, it makes for a great centerpiece. Although, to be honest with you, I can wait just a little bit longer to dig into this one. Diapers...egads. This is really happening, isn't it? Hope your day is wonderful! (Be sure to sneak in some fitness, even if it's just a short little walk outside among the blowing leaves and dropping temps.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...