Tuesday, June 20, 2017

What I've been up to...

Crickets. They've taken over my website! Can you hear them chirping? Guys...I've been busy.  I've got two jobs, two kids and a life. So naturally, blogging took a backseat to all of that (as it should have, I believe). But here I sit, on a random Tuesday night, feeling creative and ready to share. So, if you've missed me, here's what I've been up to:

I ran two races.
I haven't really been training, per se. But I did tack on miles in order to complete the Soldier Field 10-Mile race in Chicago on May 27th. I held an 8:00/mile pace, and that made me smile. Note: I was also smiling because this race was a bucket list thing. I've been meaning to run it for years, and I finally made it happen:

A post shared by Tara (@adailydoseoffit) on

I also did Alex's Duck Duck Run, which is a big local 5K where I live. It's typically a hot one, so I go into it with little to no expectations. I won my age group last year with a time of 22:36. I won my age group again this year with a time of 23:26.

A post shared by Tara (@adailydoseoffit) on

I organized a beer run.

Saucony, running shoes, cold beer, Watermark Brewing Co
I don't even drink beer, but I manage a running store. So give the people what they want, right? We (the other managing partner and I) threw out the information hoping we'd get a handful of people—we ended up getting over 60 people to show up, which was great because all of the money we collected went to a local charity. We've got another beer run this Thursday night, so we'll see if we can keep the momentum going.

I got really busy at work.
Two jobs, y'all. Together, they equal one full-time job. I wouldn't trade these jobs for the world because, for the first time ever, I feel like I'm truly doing what I love and it's great. But, man. They keep me busy in the best way possible! From shoe orders and shoe rep meetings at the store, to personal training sessions, classes and admin work at the gym—I'm all systems go all the time. Again, it helps that I love my jobs, but there's little wiggle room for play. And most of that wiggle room is reserved for time with the family.

I read a book.
Guys, despite the crazy, I've been doing really well with my "read one book a month" goal for 2017. My latest page-turner was Present over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Neiquist. And it was really good. I'm sure you can imagine (based on this post alone) how it would speak to me on multiple levels. I highly suggest it.

I received another Ellie box.
I literally move from one fitness outfit to the next, and my wardrobe is embarrassingly heavy on the fitness fashion. But, it technically is my professional wardrobe. So I justify every new outfit. Super  grateful to Ellie for sending me the June box:

fitness clothing, fitness fashion, subscription box review
If you live in fitness clothing, you need to check out this fitness subscription service. I have not been disappointed yet...all three outfits have been awesome. $50/month gets you a top, bottom, sports bra and two accessories. This month's accessories (not pictured) were a hat and running belt. $50 might seem like a lot, but you definitely get your money's worth. See the May box HERE.

I spent time at the beach.
Because #summer. I am so fortunate to live along the shores of Lake Michigan. We made a vow to visit the beach at least once a week this Summer because, well...because we can! Twist my arm, I'm down with beach time anytime.

I was featured on two different websites.
Our Favorite 25 Fitness Bloggers of 2017
Motivating Mom Tara

I feel like there's so much more to tell, but at the risk of boring you, I'll stop right here with a promise to keep sharing. So many post ideas in my head! So little time. Boo.

Question: What's one exciting thing you've done so far this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...