Monday, November 30, 2015

#linklove: Good Reads from Around the Internet, Vol. 10

Hello! Coming at you today with a few great things to read on the Internet. The browser on my phone is full of interesting articles and informative pieces, and I've been sent some awesome links in my e-mail, too. If you're looking for something fun to read, perhaps I can help. It is Monday, after all. And I know you'll need a break from all that is, well...Monday.

Link Love: Good Reads from Around the Internet
1) I've been thinking about taking Hannah to see The Good Dinosaur. She's almost four, an age that can still make it hard for her to comprehend certain things...which is both good and bad when it comes to the media. I appreciate this website and their honest review, and will be better prepared to answer questions (should they arise) when she sees the movie.

2) We might have some sort of stomach bug going through the house right now. Or it could be a mild funk, I'm not sure. Either way, I went to bed at 7:30PM yesterday because I wasn't feeling good. To relax, I did everything I could to focus exclusively on breathing from the belly (like in yoga class) and I swear it helped. Further research proves that there are mind-body healing benefits of pranayama, and that yoga can aid digestion issues.

3) I never know what kind of music to play in my Barre Fit class. Clearly I turn to Pinterest for inspiration, which is where I recently found this list of songs to match any barre workout routine.

4) How's it going with the holiday shopping? If you need inspiration, I highly suggest you check out the 2015 POPSUGAR gift guide. I'll take one of each, please.

5) Who loves Chicago? I do, I do! And I haven't been there in what seems like forever—totally pinning The Everygirl's Weekend City Guide to Chicago for when I can make the trip.

6) I'm still making my way through The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, but I've got a short list of must-reads on my phone. It includes Elizabeth Gilbert's new book, Big Magic, which is all about living a creative life. After reading these 31 quotes from Big Magic, I think I'm going to bump it up on the list.

7) 25 of the most basic (yet delicious) recipes ever. Need I say more?

8) Wanna teach group fitness? Trust me, it's awesome, but it's not always easy (or glamorous). Here are some things you might want to know before becoming a fitness instructor.

9) If you're not yet following Jill Conyers, you need to put her in your list of must-reads. Every post she writes is beautiful and informative. Jill is also an NASM-Certified personal trainer and she's launching a Healthy Living Jumpstart. If you want to start 2016 off with a bang, join her group. I have no doubt that it's going to be awesome.

10) Next time I don't feel like running on a treadmill, I'm going to take a printout of this treadmill workout with me (and supposedly burn 500 calories).

Question: What kind of music do you like to hear in barre classes? How big of a role does music play in your workouts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...