Saturday, November 1, 2014

My Day: Errands and Goals

It snowed yesterday. Like, big huge flakes of bitter cold. I'm not even joking. I told my daughter that we needed to find Elsa so she can bring back Summer. She looked at me like I was crazy. I'm not. I much prefer warmer temperatures, and I am ill prepared for the cold. Since I was pregnant last Winter, I relied pretty heavily on what I had in my closet. So all my Winter clothes remind me of being pregnant, and some of them just truly need to be replaced (like most of my boots and jackets, all key items for this time of year). So I left the kids at home (with Dad, obvi) and went shopping.

We don't have very many options in my town, and I didn't feel like driving, so I went to Target (of course) and Kohl's. (Note: I am working with Kohl's on a sponsored campaign. This is not the official post, however I did use some funds gifted to me to purchase two items I am about to speak of—disclosing that to you for what it's worth.)

Does this happen to you? You go out to shop, ready and willing to spend money, and then you find little to nothing. You strike out, for the most part.

This happens to you, right? Because it happens to me all the time.

I took so many things into the fitting room with me, all of which were cute. None of which felt right on me. Except for the purple Nike sweatshirt you see above. It'll be great with jeans and leggings...I keep it really casual these days. Maybe too casual (I do tend to live in fitgear).

Anyway, I also found some things for my feet:

Slippers, because I buy them at Target at this time of year every year. And sneakers, because I need more shoes like my Skyscapes. Casual, comfortable. I ordered a pair of brown boots, too. We'll see if I end up liking them once they're actually in front of me.

Also purchased: Iced coffee, even though I had some at home before I left.

It's become a problem, for real, this whole coffee thing.
Also, can we talk about the fact that October is over?

I'm still mulling over my November goals, so we'll officially welcome the month in a day or two. For now, let me recap my October goals (mostly for my own benefit).

1) Successfully complete (and enjoy) my first marathon relay race.
So much fun. Did you read my race recap? I'd do it again.

2) Introduce new segments to my PiYo Live class. 
If you're familiar with PiYo Live, the first half of my class is now Lesson 35 and the back half is 33. (I don't have 34...if you do and it's good, let me know.) Teaching this class is, arguably, the best part of my work week. I'm having so much fun with it! And it's getting easier and easier for me to learn new segments. I just got Lesson 36 (but it's still shrink wrapped.)

3) Continue making efforts to reduce sugar intake. 
Meh. I've been reading. Still no solid plan.

4) Read a book.
So I started reading Tana French's new book. I got it at the library and because it was brand new, I only had so much time with it...which means I had to return it before I could finish it. Currently on the waiting list for it (and contemplating just buying it, but I'd rather have the paper back, which isn't out yet).

5) Add some clothing to my fall wardrobe. 
See above. Ugh. What should I buy?

6) Celebrate 5 years of marriage with a great, no kids date night.
OMG, best dinner ever. Scallops, shrimp, steak...oh my! Plus, we love our new babysitter.

And, there you have it. A brain dump about my day, interesting or not. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to catch up on this week's episode of "Scandal."

Question: Is there anything you're coveting for your closet this season? Do you have a hard time saying "no" to fitgear when you need to dress for activities outside of the gym? Or do you rock the fitgear as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...