simple tips for moms to turn a bad day around.
2) You're beautiful. I'm beautiful. We're all beautiful in our own way. Behold, these celebrity quotes about beauty. They're all good.
3) Life moves fast, doesn't it? So fast that we often forget to stop and embrace it. We focus so much on the be all, end all that we forget about all the little moments in between that make us who we are. That give us experiences. Because those are the moments that define our journey from one thing to the next. Remember to embrace your unique journey.
4) I'm really good about adding milage to my weekly runs. But I have yet to take the next step: Speedwork. I want to start doing it but I have no clue where to begin or how to incorporate it. This post is going to help me.
5) I'm obsessed with Instagram. It's totally my favorite social platform, and I've been spending a lot of time engaging with my audience and the people I follow. But, ya know...do I have to follow everyone back? What's the etiquette there? Am I a bad Instagrammer if I don't #followforfollow?
6) Raising a toddler is no joke. My daughter is 2.5 going on 25, I swear. I can't tell you how many times I've heard HER say "because I said 'yes'." I mean, what? Needless to say, I'm studying these strategies for negotiating with a toddler.
7) One of the things I stress to clients new and old is the need for consistency. This post explains why it's so important and what you can do to achieve it.
8) I love Yoga, but I don't always enjoy Yoga classes. I think maybe I just haven't found the right one. According to this post, I should be taking Vinyasa classes. This is ironic, of course, because it's one of our most popular classes at the gym. I'd take it if I didn't have a client at the same time. Clearly I need to clone myself.
9) It's kind of a bad thing that I had a boy because now I have yet another section to shop in the clothing stores. Seriously coveting everything in this post for my little man.
10) I was recently asked to consider joining a Tough Mudder team. The race would be next Spring and I'm seriously considering it. Mud run = Bucket list item. But the Tough Mudder...I don't know. That sh*t looks crayzay! I'll pocket these mud race tips, just in case.
And elsewhere on the Internet...
1) I often struggle to find a window to fit in my longer runs. Especially since I am breastfeeding, because I can only be gone for so long. Would two runs in a single day make sense? Runner's World shed some light on this for me
2) One of my closest friends from college e-mailed our group of besties a list of 10 rules for brilliant women. And I think they should be required reading for every woman of this world.
3) It's been well over a year since I've taken my position as the fitness director. It's not something I ever anticipated doing when I decided to pursue fitness, but here I am. A manager. If you're a fitness professional, perhaps this is a step you might take one day. ACE Fitness can help you understand when you might be ready.
4) I've been doing a lot of research on sugar these days, basically reading anything I can about the white stuff because, seriously...I have an entire mouth full of sweet teeth. What I'm finding: Sugar is the new fat.
5) Instagram is my favorite social platform right now (see above), I've been doing what I can to make my feed engaging and interesting without offending my followers. Just recently, JustUnfollow posted an article on their blog outlining the rights and wrongs of Instagram use. It's quite interesting.
Question: Have you participated in a mud run? Have you done the Tough Mudder? Thoughts?