Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pinterest Success Story: Baked Apple Cinnamon Donuts

So this happened today:

We went from a yard full of Fall leaves to a foot of snow in one single night. No easy transition to the white stuff, just a dumping of it off Lake Michigan. Man, I hate where I live sometimes. Except, that's not really true. I don't think I could live somewhere that lacked a this season. I love snow when it's pretty, full...and clean. I love waking up to a Winter wonderland, even if it prevents me from getting to work and consequently teaching my classes—thus was the case today.

I just couldn't get through. Too thick, no plows. Cars everywhere. So we stayed in, and what's a girl and her mini-me to do when they're snowed in? Bake, of course.

We made baked apple cinnamon donuts (and then had breakfast for lunch). Someone is obsessed with apples, so we found a recipe on Pinterest that used applesauce

There's not a stitch I'd change about the original recipe, except I'd highlight the part where it says to spray the donut pan with non-stick oil. I skipped that part because my pans are naturally non-stick, and I thought that would be enough. Well, the donuts stuck a little bit, but a butter knife and some patience salvaged the batch. They're only slightly less pretty than they would have been had I used the spray.

But, you know, it's all about the flavor.

Never judge a baked good by it's looks.
If it tastes good, it's a total winner.

Be sure to follow me on Pinterest. And don't miss my other Pinterest Success Stories.

Question: How do you feel about snow? What do you do when you're snowed in?

2 comments:

Kelly McNelis said...

Join my "Pinned it. Tried it" board on Pinterest!

Sara B said...

Looks so yummy! I Love being snowed in with my littles!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...