Sunday, September 30, 2012

#RUN4GOOD with @Saucony

Week one of my training plan for the Hot Chocolate 15K is done, and despite one snafu (being sick on Tuesday and walking four miles), it went fairly well. I clocked six miles tonight, and I did so using Saucony's RUN4GOOD app:

I typically use MapMyRun, which works just fine, but Saucony's RUN4GOOD app focuses on running for a good cause. Every month, Saucony sets a mileage goal and pledges a donation to an organization that helps keep kids moving in the name of fighting childhood obesity—obviously this is something that hits close to home as I have a kid. And I certainly want her to live a happy, healthy and active life.

If the community of app users clocks enough mileage to meet the predetermined goal, then Saucony doubles their pledged donation to the organization of the month. And then it starts all over again the next month.

So here we are, at the end of a month, about to begin another. If you're a runner, consider downloading the app to your iPhone. It's free. And charity aside, this app is quite useful as it tracks miles (obvi), calories burned, pace, and time.

I mean, if you're already using an app to do just that, you might as well switch to one that does so in the name of doing good. And if you do, join the "FitFluential" team and run with me!

Question: What running apps do you have on your iPhone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...